Our dentists are trained to perform visual dental exams to identify potential problems with your teeth and gums. But since we can’t see inside your teeth and under your gums—where many dental problems begin—we need to use dental x-rays to get a complete picture of your oral health.
At The Philadelphia Dentist, we use safe digital x-rays that require significantly less radiation than older x-rays that use film. Our dentists use digital x-rays to check the condition of your teeth and their roots. We look for cavities, tooth abscesses, and growths like tumors and cysts. We can also see if you have gum disease and how advanced it is.
There are numerous benefits to using digital instead of film x-rays at our Northeast Philadelphia dental office: Digital x-rays:
- Expose you to about 80 percent less radiation
- Provide highly detailed information about your oral health
- Allow us to share images with you to inform you about your oral health
- Provide easy access to refer to when monitoring ongoing oral conditions
- Eliminate the need for hazardous chemicals that are harmful to our environment
- Allow us to share information with specialists and insurance companies with your permission
Your safety and comfort are important to us. Call The Philadelphia Dentist to schedule an appointment, and we’ll be happy to explain how digital x-rays help us improve your oral health.